Sunday, August 21, 2011

Trujillo Introduction


Hello! My name is Mar Trujillo. I was born in Caracas, Venezuela to a very large Cuban family and was raised in Miami Florida. I spent the summer teaching at a 7 week summer camp and was blessed enough to be able to go on a mission trip to Cuba (my very first time in 'La Patria' or The Homeland). I am a Music and English Writing double major with a minor in Psychology (hopefully). This fall will start my Junior year at Loyola and I'm extremely excited to start it off with this Holocaust class. I've always been disgusted, intrigued and fascinated with holocausts. With the potential that human beings have to destroy. With the need and the want to be above others. I guess, more than anything, with the psychology of it. That's what I'm most interested in studying, the 'why?', and what I'm most frustrated about is how we will never know the answer.

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture. I would love to go to Cuba. My husband went twice with groups bringing medical supplies to the island. He loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw an Anthony Bourdain where he went to Cuba, so much rice & beans, so much delicious rum. They showed some dudes that had licenses to argue about baseball on a park block. Looks like an incredible place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuba indeed was wonderful. With all it's culture, beaches and yes, delicious rum, it could be said that Cuba is probably the most beautiful of the Caribbean Islands (at least, all the Cubans believe so!). However, the oppression, fear and pain that the government inflicts daily, almost as a sport, makes me feel nauseous, especially knowing that this is where my family comes from and that is what my family had to suffer.

    ReplyDelete