Monday, August 22, 2011

Ellie Rogers


Hey Ya'll. My name is Ellie Rogers, I grew up here in New Orleans and I am in my fourth year/6th semester at Loyola. I am a devoted lit. major but have formerly been both a history and theater major. I spent this summer in the city working as a legal secretary's secretary. My past-times include reading the classics and writing for a Jewish-themed blog.
I will hopefully be leaving Loyola next semester to study abroad at Maynooth University in County Kildare, Ireland. Last Summer I participated in the study abroad program in Dublin that was organized by Dr. McCay. I really love film and always enjoy classes that pair digital media with literature. Apart from that, I also took the class because of my interest in the subject matter. Growing up Jewish, Holocaust literature was extremely available and abundant in our house, but I never explored the other people persecuted by the Nazis or other genocides. I've also visited both the Holocaust museum in New York and Israel and they have both had a profound effect on me.

1 comment:

  1. WElcome Ellie, let me know when you hear about you acceptance at Maynooth. I think you will be one of the first people we have sent on that program.

    ReplyDelete