Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tran: Introduction


Hi everyone. My name is Tien Tran and I am an English Lit major with a minor in Sociology. I've been studying abroad in Europe last semester and have only returned home three weeks ago. I will be a Senior this Fall and I am excited to finish school soon! Besides Literature, I am really enjoy art and traveling, which I got to see and do a lot of while I was in Europe. I had the best time over there, but ready to finish school and start my life in the real world and hopefully in another country. I wanted to take this class because when I was younger, every year I would do my Social Studies project on a genocide and I feel that it is important to know and learn from them. I read a lot of Holocaust literature during my teen years and haven't done so in awhile so it makes me a bit nervous to start again because it's such a heavy subject. I've always been interested in this though so I think it will enlightening to actually take a whole class on it and learn even more besides just the Holocaust.

2 comments:

  1. You will have a great deal to offer as we are doing several different examples of genocide. Where did younstudy abroad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I studied abroad in Nijmegen, Holland. I think I remembered you saying you taught there?

    ReplyDelete