Sunday, August 21, 2011

Gommel introduction



Hi everyone, I am Donna Gommel, a non-traditional student and mother of four. Currently, I am a senior (in more ways than one) and a Humanities major. For the most part I have been an at-home mom and loved it. I'm at the start of a new journey, as my youngest has just headed off to college. I've been enjoying my education later in life; but am not too sure where this degree will lead me. My hope is that it will be to a vocation as rewarding as motherhood.

I'm taking this course to deepen my knowledge about our world and the atrocities that so many have endured. I want to understand how world leaders could stand by not realizing the evil that abounds. I want to know about the courage of those that spoke up and what it is that one simple person can do to make a positive difference. I hope to be inspired by those who have persevered and stood up for truth, as I already have through the writing and speeches of Elie Wiesel.

1 comment:

  1. Donna, where is your picture? I need to see whatnyou look like, in case I meet you on campus. Welcome to the course, and welcome to college life.

    ReplyDelete